Head of TRON Foundation Justin Sun launched a survey on his Twitter account, asking subscribers to choose between Tron 4.0 and Ethereum 2.0. Users accused him of cheating votes, noting a sharp change in the results in favor of Tron.
The poll was published on May 23, for the first day 20 thousand people voted in it. Ethereum 2.0 gained 72% of the vote, Tron 2.0 the remaining 28%.
After 8 hours, the number of votes reached 40 thousand. This time, 60% of users chose Tron, and the remaining 40% chose Ethereum. In the comments, Sun was immediately suspected of cheating:
TRON 4.0 vs. Ethereum 2.0! Which one is better😎— Justin Sun (@justinsuntron) May 23, 2020
To date, the number of voters has grown to 61 thousand, Tron is still leading with 57.3% of the votes.
The leading Bitcoin podcast host of the Reckless Review, Udi Wertheimer, believes that the community’s reaction to the possible vote wrapping is excessive:
You know, I have to say it: y’all are a bunch of HYPOCRITES— Udi Wertheimer (@udiWertheimer) May 24, 2020
In an industry where everyone cites data from 95% fake coinmarketcap, where every project hires a PR firm to handle social media sock-puppeting....
This man gets shit for a manipulated poll that’s clearly a joke? Why? pic.twitter.com/DbybVSDvHO